Are you confused about how to apply for your child’s passport? Do you want to know the eligibility criteria for applying for the passport on behalf of your child? Well, then you are in the right place. We are about to discuss the child passport and everything that comes with it.
Who are eligible for applying the Canadian Child passport?
There are certain people who are eligible for applying for the passport on behalf of their child. Here is the list of people who are eligible for applying for the passport for their child.
- Anyone of the child’s parent.
- A parent who is taking care of the child and the custody of the child, in case the parents are separated or divorced. He has to make sure of the fact that he has all the documents including the divorce judgment that validates that he has the custody, mobility and the access to the child.
- The legal guardian of the child can also apply for the passport on behalf of his child. For that, he has to show all the legal documents that prove the guardianship of the child.
What are the required documents that need to be submitted to apply for Child Passport?
There are some documents, which you need to submit if you want to apply for the passport of your child. The list of the documents is:
- You have to complete both the pages of the application form, and you have to sign it within the last 12 days. Also, make sure that the application is signed by your guarantor.
- You also have to submit two identical passport photos of your child and one of them must be signed by your guarantor.
- You must show the documents that prove that you are a citizen of Canada.
- Proof of parentage is also mandatory.
- You also have to show proof of legal guardianship if required.
- Present any valid Canadian passport or any travel documents, which you have issues previously issued for your child.
- Show all the documents that validate your custody, mobility or access to the child.
Make sure that all the documents, which you are submitting are original and they will be returned to you. In case, you may have to submit some additional documents or information. Also, if the documents which you are submitting are in a different language other than English or French, you have to provide with a translation done by a certified translator.
How to submit the applications?
There are two ways by which you can submit the application of your child’s passport. Here is the list of two ways, by which you can submit the application for the passport of your child.
- By mail- You can simply send your application by email along with all the required documents. It will be a very easy process to execute.
- In person- You can submit the application form by visiting the Passport Canada office or your nearest service Canada Center or post office and apply for the passport on behalf of your child.