There is a specific fee structure for the application of passport in Canada. Today, we are going to discuss the fee structure, which is applicable to the application of the Canadian passport.
Canadian Passport Cost
- You have to pay 120 $CAN for 5 years adult passport if you are over 16 years of age.
- 160 $CAN for the 10 years adult passport where your age will be more than 16 years.
- It is 150 $CAN for child passport that is between the age of 0 to 15 years.
You have to pay some additional fees if you want to replace your passport or you are in the need of urgency. These additional fees will be added to your base fees, which are written above. If you want to avail the urgent and express service, you have to make sure of the fact you have to visit the office in person.
What is the fees structure of the expedited services?
Before going any further, you must keep in mind that to get the expedited services, you have to visit the office in person, or else you will not get the services. Here, is the fees structure of the expedited services.
- You have to pay an additional amount of $CAN 110, if you want to pick up your passport urgently, and you will pick your passport within the end of the next business day.
- $CAN 50 extra for the express pick up, which you will get within the 2 to 9 business day.
- For the standard pick up or after 10 business days, you will be charged and extra amount of $CAN 20.
What are the fees for the services?
There are certain services and for that, you have to pay some service fees. Here is the structure of the service fees.
- $CAN 45 if you want to replace a valid passport, which is lost or stolen.
- For the purpose of file transfer to a different passport office in Canada, you have to pay $CAN 45.
- To get the certified true copy of part of a passport or any other kind of travelling documents, you need to pay $CAN 45.
What is the method of payment of the fees?
There are two ways by which you can pay your fees regarding the application of your passport. We are going to discuss that.
- You can apply in person and pay by several methods. Let us know the methods.
- You can pay your fee by credit card or prepaid card, which can be VISA, Master Card as well as the American Express.
- Also, you can use your debit card to pay your fees.
- If you want, you can also pay by certified cheque or money order in Canadian funds, which must be payable to the “Receiver General of Canada” and the exact fee must be specified there.
The authority will not accept cash or any personal cheque.
- You can also apply by mail and pay your fee by filling up the payment section, which you will find in your application form. Several methods of payment are:
- The payment of the fees can be done by Visa, American express credit card, master card as well as the prepaid cards.
- Also, you can pay your fee by the certified cheque or money order by postal or bank, which is included in your Canadian funds and that must be made payable to the “Receiver General for Canada”, where the specific fee must be specified.
They will not accept any kind of cash or personal cheque.