If you are planning to change your name, be sure that all your documents must be issued with the same name including your passport. Also, if you have changed your name in all your other documents that identify you; make sure to change your name on your passport as well. If you want to change your name, you have to apply for your passport once again.
What are the required documents, which you need to change your name on your passport?
There are several documents, which you have to submit to change your name on your passport. Also, you cannot opt for the renewal process for your application to change your name. You have to apply again for your passport. The documents, which you need to change your name on the passport are-
- You have to complete the application form fully.
- Also, you have to show the proof that you are a citizen of Canada.
- You also have to present a supporting document that validates and shows your new name.
- Submission of two photos is a must and one of those photos must be signed by the guarantor.
- You have to pay the required passport fees.
- If needed, you have to any valid Canadian travel document.
What are the additional documents that you have to submit?
- If you are married and you need to change the surname, you have to provide with the valid marriage certificate. It can be a copy, or it can also be the original.
- If you want to opt for the common law name change you have to provide the authority with the signed letter, which will state that you are currently in a common law relationship and you are living with your partner for more than one year.
- If you want to go for a legal name change, you have to show any of the following documents:
- A document that signifies your legal name change.
- Any of adoption orders.
- Birth certificate of the citizenship certificate which has been issued in the new name.
Steps to follow to change your name On Canadian Passport
There are some basic requirements, which you have to go through if you want to change your name on your Canadian passport. Here, we are going to have a conversation about the basic requirements to change your name on your passport. You have to submit a complete new adult general application.
- If your passport is still valid, you have to return it back and the authority will cancel it.
- You have to provide the authority with the identification proof along with your application that shows your identification.
Also, you can ask to change your name a bit different from your passport or travel document. You can do this by:
- By dropping the given names.
- By reversing the given name.