In your passport, you must have sex designation or the travel document to acquiesce to meet the standards of the International Civil Aviation Organization. That section in your passport cannot be moved and you cannot keep it blank as well.
How to change sex on canadian passport?
You have to submit the Adult Passport Application or Adult Travel Document Application, where you have to select the preferable sex in the sex field. Along with that, you have to include a proof that validates that you are a citizen of Canada or the document that proves your immigration status. In case, if your immigration status document or your proof of citizenship doesn’t show your request of the sex change, you can submit one of the following documents:
- A legal document that indicates the change of sex along with the document that shows your identity that indicates a change in your designation of sex. Make sure that those documents are issued by a Canadian territory or province.
- Any document and a court order that supports your identity where it is clearly indicated that you have a request for a change in sex designation.
- Declaration- Change of sex designation for an adult 16 years of age or older form, which signifies the requested sex along with the document that supports your identity, showing your sex as either male or female.
You can submit your application either by going to office personally or you can mail them. There is a chance that the authority will call your guarantor to verify the identity of yours.Sponsored Links:
How to change the sex of your child on Canada Passport?
The process of changing the sex of your child, when you are applying on behalf of your child is pretty same. All you have to do is to fill up the Child passport application or Child travel document application, where you have to select the requested sex, which you will get in the sex field. With that, you also have to include a proof of your Canadian Citizenship or the documents that validates your immigrant status. Make sure that those documents have the same sex designation, to which you want to change the sex of your child. If you don’t find out that, your proof of citizenship or the immigrant status document doesn’t show the requested sex, you can opt for other documents as well like:
- A Canadian province or territory issued a document that indicates that you have requested for the change of sex designation for your child.
- Any court order that specifies the change of sex of your child.
- Declaration- Change of sex designation for a child under 16 years of age that states the change of sex.
Also, you have to meet some other requirements for the process applying on behalf of your child. For that you have to either visit the passport office in person or you have to send it by mail.
How to change your sex to X (Unspecified)
If you are travelling abroad:
- It is not in the hands of Government of Canada to make you entry or transit through the borders because those are regulated by the border authorities of different countries. Hence, choose the sex which you think will allow you travel more easily.
- It will be considered as your responsibility to keep in touch with Embassy, Consulate or the High Commission of other countries before you visit or transit to know about the entry requirements, which may affect the bearers of the travel documents that show you with an X sex.
- Whenever you are applying for an immigration document like Visas or you are booking to travel, mention the same sex which is printed on the bio page of your document. It will help you in lot of ways like saving times in border entries of airline check-ins.
Soon, you will get a chance to mention your sex as X which is unspecified on your passport as well as on your travel documents. For now, you can request an observation, which will say that your sex should be ‘X’ on your passport or your travel documents.
For the adults who are 16 years old or older than that
You have to request an observation, which must be added in your travel documents or passports. To make your request, you have to complete the request for a travel document with an ‘X’ in the sex field- Adult form.
- If you are applying or renewing your passport, you have to include this form with the application.
- In case, if you already have a valid passport you have to submit this form along with your passport.
For the child, less than 16 years
Things you have to do to request an observation which should be added to your child passport or travel documents.
You have to complete the request for a travel document with an ‘X’ in the sex field- Child
- You have to submit this form along with your application, if you are applying on behalf of your child.
- Submit this form with the passport, if your child already has a valid passport.
Where to submit the form?
You can submit it by person or you can send a mail. The address of the office is:
Government of Canada
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
If you want to send it by courier
Government of Canada
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1